The Agony and the Ecstasy...Glee Style


When I found out there was going to be a Glee tour, I literally swooned in ecstasy. I was THAT excited. I’m not a big concert goer. I’m a cheapskate in general, and honestly, there aren’t many acts I consider worth the money. In (sad/hilarious) fact, the last show I actually paid to see was Tiffany when I was in probably junior high. And no, it was not at the North Hills Mall. But Glee? Sign me up! Imagine the let down when I learned that the tour would be a truncated one, visiting only four cities. Big surprise, none of them was Boise. Not even Salt Lake! Or Seattle! Come on, people, seriously?! *sigh* There may have been some weeping and rending of garments, followed by grudging resignation. As the song says, "There are dreams that cannot be."

Fast forward about a month. I was at Sunday dinner with my extended family, waxing Gleeful with my sisters over grilled chicken and mashed potatoes. They are but two of the many I have exposed to the wonders of Glee this year. I mentioned, wistfully, that a live tour was in the works but that the nearest venue would be Phoenix. Silence reined for a few moments as this information was digested along with the recently consumed spuds. Megan, the youngest, coolest, and most impulsive of us finally piped up and suggested that we just go for it. Say wah?! Oddly, it had never even dawned on me to ask if they wanted to go. I mean, I knew they liked the show, but I didn't realize they had reached that special level of fan-crazy.

The next 24 hours were a jumble of activity and elation, as we booked a flight, hotel room, and rental car. We decided since we were already on the crazy bus we might as well go totally nuts and spring for the VIP tickets. No sense in flying to Phoenix for nosebleed seats, right? And since I’d never done anything like this before, I wanted the FULL experience.


Up next: The FULL experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment