Glee Tree


I like to decorate a bit for my weekly Glee gatherings, and I was particularly excited for the Christmas episode. Naturally, things spiralled slightly out of control. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "The Glee Tree".

I made the ornaments with big craft buttons in bright colors. I printed out the promo pictures from season two and cut them to fit inside the buttons. Then I covered the pictures with clear epoxy (which, by the way, is the greatest stuff ever, followed closely by Mod Podge). The hooks and ribbons are just hot glued on.

I finally found a use for those stickers I bought ages ago! I actually had them done up as refrigerator magnets , but since there was epoxy left after finishing the ornaments, I used the dregs to cover them. Now they are nice and shiny!

The logo topper is another sticker/magnet turned festive decoration. It's glued to an inverted ball ornament.

Here are all of the ornaments...unfortunately, I don't have Sam, Coach Bieste, or Blaine, but I wanted them to match and those three weren't involved in this photo shoot. I'm especially bummed after having seen the episode! How amazing was Bieste? I am so in love with that woman. *sigh* Well, I'll just have to find a way to incorporate them next year.

And finally, here are the bitty sugar cookies I made to go with our cocoa. The trees are in honor of "O, Christmas Tree" from the Christmas CD, and, of course, gold stars are an all-occasion given. The gingerbread men with the sweet little heart buttons are for Kurt and Blaine. I thought I'd made plenty, but my friends set upon them like locusts! They were gone almost instantly, so I'm glad I thought to take a picture before everyone arrived.

Such a great night filled with three of my favorite things: food, folks, and Glee!

No comments:

Post a Comment