Brush With Greatness!


Much as I love Kurt, I love Chris exponentially more. Seriously, what a remarkable guy. And his tweets are epic! Well, I got the shock of my (obviously somewhat boring) life the other night when he actually responded to my inquiry about his growth spurt.

Needless to say, there was shrieking. Followed by a pervasive numbness in my extremities. Aaaaand maybe some hyperventilation. No worries though...I'm good now! I actually printed out a screen shot of his twitter page while that comment was still at the top. Is that weird? Not sure what I'll do with it, though. Frame it? Make it into a t-shirt transfer?

I am just beyond thrilled that he answered! I always love reading his tweets and the priceless things he says to his fans and in general. Based on interviews and the accounts of others, he seems like such a wise, lovely young man. As a mom to two young boys who are, for all intents and purposes, social llamas, I have the deepest respect for Chris. Growing up at the bottom of the heap is rough! To see him come out of difficult circumstances as a well-adjusted, kind, clever person gives me hope that my own sons will get past the challenges they are now facing. And, of course, he gives my boys hope that someday the attributes that cause them so much grief now will ultimately become the gifts that set them apart from the masses. So thank you, Chris, not only for making my day but for touching my life as well. Love you, Sweetie! Or as Chris would say, "Sweatie"...

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I am so glad Chris tweeted you! Otherwise I would not have found your blog. I love your blog and your tweets. I noticed you got a few more followers when he tweeted you. I don't know how I would react... but your description seems likely. I have three kids, all teenagers. Well my oldest is 20 but he is still a kid to me. :) I also love Kurt but am completly charmed by Chis. He is amazing... and even more so when you consider the adversity he's overcome in his life.

    I hope you will follow me on twitter... my user name is debraelq. I absolutely love, love, love the Legos!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'll follow you...you're my very first commenter! I'm always delighted to find more "mature" Glee fans. I think we have a unique perspective on things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice surprise and how excited you must have been. I have to say my thoughts echo Deb above. There is just "something" about Chris that I can't explain but I'm fascinated by him. Such a smart, poised, funny, honest & well-mannered young man. I'm glad that I found your blog - lot of fun. I, too, am happy to find another Glee fan who is, as you say, "mature." LOL I've followed you on Twitter - alosky. Can't wait for Rocky Horror tonight.

    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete