Day 29: The Substitute

I am not a proponent of stunt casting, nor am I a fan of Gwyneth Paltrow. I don't exactly dislike her...more like I have no feelings one way or the other. I was, however, perturbed in advance of watching this episode because I knew she was getting a great deal of screen time and several songs. Not acceptable! Especially when main cast members are still scrambling for significant dialogue and solos. So imagine my surprise (and chagrin) when I actually loved "The Substitute".

I thought the "Forget You" sequence was darling. It seems like it's been a long time since we've seen the glee club let loose like that. Did you catch Kurt doing the running man off to the side of the piano? That's not something you see every day (unless you watch that scene on a daily basis. Which I totally don't). Free-wheeling moments like that remind me why I watch the show and why I love these kids.

When I was little, my brother actually had a Matchbox Le Car. It was yellow, and I always used it when we played cars together. I'm kicking myself now for not keeping it! I could have added it to my collection of completely random loosely-related Glee memorabilia. Like my Sorry! shirt. Do you remember where that reference comes from? If you do, you're a true gleek. :)


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment