Day 5: The Rhodes Not Taken


I have a thing for tiny people with big voices. I don't really know why. Maybe because I'm a tiny person with a tiny voice. Voice envy ? Maybe. If I had a therapist, I'd probably talk to her about it.

As I was saying, tiny people, big voices. This is why I am fascinated by Lea and why I ADORE Kristin Chenoweth. Could they be any cuter or more remarkable? I love how they dance around each other in this episode. Two tiny divas, sparring for the spotlight. Truly a thing of beauty.

My favorite moment has to be when Kurt delivers his "Bambi" line and upchucks on Emma's shoes. The look on his face when he hones in on her--priceless. It kills me every time! Also, when April sticks that head of lettuce between her thighs, Tina's reaction is hysterical. She looks subtly appalled, which can't be easy to pull off.

I'm trying to pinpoint the theme here. Truth be told, I didn't even realize there was supposed to be a theme to every episode until later in the season when they started making it more obvious. So I'm not sure what the theme is supposed to be. Second chances? Honesty? Integrity? Don't take horse tranquilizers? I guess it doesn't really matter. I think this is a nearly pitch-perfect installment even without a specific message.

No comments:

Post a Comment