Sing!



Had a group of my gleek gals over last night to take Karaoke Revolution: Glee Edition (and my new cupcake maker) for a spin. Frivolity ensued! I'm not much of a performer, so this was about my speed. :)

I've never played a karaoke video game before, so I really have nothing to compare it to. I know some people don't like that you can't turn off the background vocals, but since most of my friends aren't terribly confident vocalists, not having to perform completely solo was actually rather reassuring. The drawback of a "sing-along" format is not being able to adjust key within the game. There are only a few songs that aren't totally out of my range, because I am neither a man nor a soprano! Fortunately, I was playing with a non-judgmental crowd. Most of the time we all just sang along anyway.

My biggest beef is the song selection. I don't know how or why they decided on particular songs, but I have to question some of the choices. Is it really necessary to have "Bust a Move", "Push It", AND "Gold Digger"? None of them even involve singing! Meanwhile, "Dancing With Myself", "Bust Your Windows", and "Jump" are noticeably missing. And what about the famous girls vs. boys mash-ups?! It can't be prejudice against mash-ups, because both "Hair/Crazy in Love" and "Young Girl/Don't Stand So Close to Me" are included. A nice option might have been to offer additional songs for download. Take note, video game-making people!

Overall, though, it's pretty entertaining and easy to play. And, hey, any excuse for a party, right?

Make-your-own cupcake bar...mmmm.

Karaoke cookies!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a brilliant party! I love the idea of an ice-your-own Glee biscuit bar, as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a blast! I wanted to give people something to do when they weren't singing, so the cupcake thing worked out great. I'm a huge cookie fan also...will have to do that sometime!

    Thank you for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete